Watts Gallery first opened its doors to the public in 1904, it was created to display the works of the great Victorian artist G F Watts. Watts was an eminent Victorian artist who enjoyed success during his lifetime and with this was able to champion the idea of a poet-painter. An artist who through his work would unearth deeper truths and values and provoke social reform.
In 2011 the Watts Gallery completed a major restoration project, with it relaunching the site as an Artist’s Village. It comprises a number of exhibition spaces and brings together different artistic disciplines and programmes under one umbrella.
London Fine Art Studios has been working with the Gallery to deliver workshops and live painting demonstrations.