London Fine Art Studios combines the classical techniques of the European Masters with the principles of direct painting.
As one of the leading art education institutions in the UK, it has gained recognition and support from numerous organisations, including the de Laszlo Foundation.
The de Laszlo Foundation was set up to support research and training in keeping with the legacy of Philip de László. It has generously extended its support to London Fine Art Studios, recognising the school’s contribution to art education in the UK.
Thanks to their generous support, every year a minimum of three promising artists receive a bursary to help further their studies at the Studios.
- Scholarships are only awarded to current students who have completed a minimum of three consecutive terms at the school.
- Once a scholarship has been awarded the student must continue to be enrolled full-time at the school for the duration of the scholarship award.
- Applicants must demonstrate an ambition to become fine artists within the figurative tradition.
- London Fine Art Studios will not accept applications from professional artists or those working outside the figurative tradition.
- Applications must be submitted in full, either via email or as a hard copy. Submissions made across multiple platforms and/or devices will not be accepted.
- Under no circumstances can applicants use London Fine Art facilities to print or send their documents.
- Any manipulation of images submitted with the application will automatically invalidate it.
- Applications must be received by 5 pm on the day of the deadline, any received after this time will not be entered for considerations.
- Students already on a fee waiver scheme are eligible to apply.
- Recipients will be expected to provide receipts and an expenses log to demonstrate how funds have been used to further their studies. Any expense over £100 must be in consultation with Ann Witheridge.
- Scholars are expected to take part fully in the life of the school, giving lectures, visiting exhibitions, and welcoming outside guests.
- Receipt of applications will be acknowledged via email.
- Successful candidates will be notified within six weeks of the application deadline.
- The decision of the selection panel is final and not subject to review.
- Re-application is accepted, provided that the terms and conditions are met.
- Consecutive re-submissions are eligible for consideration.
- Fill in this standard application form in a clear, accurate and articulate manner
- Submit four drawings and/or paintings illustrating your progress.