As part of our artist residency programme at London Fine Art Studios, each August we will offer a one-month artist residency programme to artists inspired by and drawing from the figurative tradition.
The residency will give the artist the opportunity to develop new work in a specifically designed studio space.
All applications are welcome from artists both within and outside of the figurative tradition.
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN FOR 2024.
APPLICATIONS FOR AUGUST 2024 WILL OPEN 1ST JANUARY 2024 – DEADLINE 1st MARCH 2024.
- Date – month of August.
- The successful applicant will benefit from sole use of one of our studios at no hire cost.
Conditions of residency:
- The artist must document their residency by writing a report on their practice that includes text, images, and video.
- The artist must write a blog to be included on the London Fine Art Studios Website, including images and video.
- The artist must maintain professional and polite behaviour in both the studio and the Battersea Business Centre.
- The artist must keep the studio tidy, and ensure it is returned to the condition in which it was found.
- The artist must ensure correct maintenance of the studio – this includes turning off the lights and locking the studio when not present.
- Materials and accommodation will not be provided.
- Applications are welcome from artists both within and outside of the figurative tradition.
- Applicants must submit a written proposal (pdf or word doc) of no more than 500 words on their practice so far/ their intentions for their residency/ what they are aiming to achieve/ how the residency would benefit their practice.
- Applicants must submit at least 5 images of their work to show their development (jpeg).
- Submit their CV.
- The successful artist must sign a contract with further details of residency conditions.
Please send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To read more about our first artist residency programme, visit Kwesi Awotwi’s page.